Saturday, June 14, 2008

Dwelling Place

Tis a simple dwelling place that I desire....one made of hands that loved the land it sits upon.....
As my husband and I drove around a couple of nights ago (because it was such a lovely evening)
I made the comment that if I had the large sums of money that many of the people who live in our surrounding area have....I would not build a "mc.mansion" like so many have....tis a simple dwelling place I desire....on acres of green earth with a bit of a running stream and a barn to store the sheep and maybe a horse or two.... isn't it funny how ones dwelling place can be so different.....some seeking notarity, joining the "those that have" club while others struggle just to have a roof over their heads......Lord, help me remember that "this world is not my home, I'm just a passin' through...my treasures are laid up, somewhere beyond the blue..." If I don't get a chance in this life to live in the simple dwelling of my dreams, I have put in an order with the Lord to make my mansion out of logs!!! Below are a few pictures of dwellings I would be happy to call home! Any way....just reflecting and hope it may stir up some thoughts of yours about where you dwell and why............blessings dear friends, Sarah

P.S. Don't forget to check out the latest update at www.theprimitivegathering.com





8 comments:

Patti said...

I agree whole-heartedly! Sometimes my boys ask why our house isn't as big as their friends' houses. I tell them that if our house was that big, I'd be busy cleaning rather than playing with them. If our house was that big, I wouldn't be able to find them and snuggle in a comfy cozy room. I'm not sure if they agree with me now, but hopefully some day they will understand :)

QUAINT AND PLAIN said...

DEAR SARAH...LET US BE NEIGHBORS IN OUR HOMES SO QUAINT AND PLAIN... SITTING ON THE PORCH FOR A FINE VISIT ON A SUMMERS EVE, OUR HANDWORKS AND COOL DRINKS CLOSE BY~~
WHAT BLISS TO DREAM OUR DREAMS AND WEAVE THE WEBS OF THOSE DREAMS. WE MUST ALWAYS HAVE OUR DREAMS TO DREAM AS SURELY THEY MAY COME ABOUT..
THANK YOU FOR DREAMING AND PRAYING WITH DREAMERS ONE AND ALL~~~

simple~needs said...

i could live in any of those and be happy!!
we pass by so many older homes in our area. they look so sad . folks have moved on to bigger places and forgot that happiness and love can be found in small homes too!!
hugs, kim

Debra said...

I have given your blog an award- just go to my blog to pick it up!
www.pilgrimsandpioneers.blogspot.com

SweetAnnee said...

Just stopping by to see hello
and see how you are..
deena

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Sarah, Love your blog, and I look back often. Just wanted to let you know that I left something for you over on my blog www.woolfind.blogspot.com/. You have been chosen!

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Oh thank you for sharing your lovely photos. I, too, could happily dwell all of my days in any of those simple places.

There is an old hymn that I say was written just for me ... "Lord build me just a cabin in the corner of gloryland!"

Blessings,
Lea

Carole said...

I was happy to see your blog and then realize you have not posted for months. Are you gone? I hope not. Love you house and dolls. Come visit me.
Carole