Thursday, April 3, 2008

Ah, Tis Spring!!!


Well, we are back from our trip during Easter break!
What a great time we had....first went to VA to visit mom and dad ( some of you already know that my mom is also my business partner...she puts together our wonderful wool jackets and is the most perfect embroiderer I've ever seen...all that at age 83!! She is an amazing women but that's another blog!) as well as spent 4 days in beautiful Savannah, Georgia!! I had to post a couple of pictures of the fabulous flowers we were able to enjoy....now picture this.....the day we left Michigan to drive down we got 7 inches of snow....so you can only imagine how absolutely breath-taking it was for us to:
1. See the sun!!!
2. Feel temperatures over the freezing mark!
3. Real flowers that were in bloom and just showing off their radiance!!!
4.Wear flip flops!!
It always amazes me how a little dose of sunshine and flowers can perk up ones spirit!!
We just wanted to be outside 24/7!! It also gives us hope that Spring will indeed come to our cold, dreary Michigan and once again the birds will sing, the flowers will peek their little heads up from the warm earth and the grass will turn emerald green.......and begin to grow.......and need to be mowed............and weeds will need to be picked and flowers watered and fertilized and vegetables to be planted and.....oh my, there is a price to be paid for all that beauty!!!
But you know.....I say, "bring on Spring!".....I am ready to be outdoors!!!
Blessings friends....until next time.......
Sarah

1 comment:

SweetAnnee said...

Oh Sarah..I want SPRING so bad too..
Your pics are lovely and someday soon, flowers will be blooming at our homes too

fondly, deena