Saturday, April 5, 2008

Serendipity!!!!




ser·en·dip·i·ty

–noun
1.
an aptitude for making desirable discoveries by accident.
2.
good fortune; luck: the serendipity of getting the first job she applied for.




This is Websters definition of serendipity but I have another!!!


For me, serendipity is what happened to me yesterday when I walked in from work and saw my sons "carry on" bag sitting in the entry way!! Not long after I heard the wonderful sound of his voice that makes my heart sing!! Our middle son, Graham, had suprised us and caught a ride home from Chicago where he is in school at Roosevelt University!! An unexpected but very welcomed visit!!! So I thought I would take this opportunity to introduce you to one of my 3 children!! As moms, we always want to talk about our kids don't we?? Graham is child #2 and has always been a real sweetheart! He is a very talented musician and loves all kinds of literature!! He is a "thinker" as well as a "doer" which I love! He has a great heart for people, especially those that would fall into the catagory of "less fortunate." We named Graham after the evangelist Billy Graham, praying from the time of his birth that he too would have an impact on the world for Christ just as his namesake has so effectively done. Graham had the opportunity to travel to Zambia, Africa the summer of 2006 and fell in love with the Zambian people! After a 32 hour plane ride to get back to the states, Grahams first comments after getting off the plane were, "I have never met a people who have so little, I mean nothing, that are so joyful!"


His experience in Zambia actually led him to pursue a degree in Social Justice at Roosevelt University in Chicago. His goal is to be successful enough in his music career that he can set up a non-profit organization and start making a difference in the lives of people living in 3rd world countries! Our prayer is that God would honor his desires and that someday Graham will have a huge impact for Christ all across the world!! But for now, he plays and studies and volunteers whenever he can. We are loving having him home for the weekend and what a beautiful weekend it is shaping up to be!!! Lots of sun and warmer temp!! Yeah, maybe Spring is here!!


I hope you are able to get outside and look for signs of new birth! Nests being built, flowers peeking up through the ground, buds on the trees waiting for a few warm days before they burst forth......the birds are singing and maybe even this week I will be able to hang the laundry out on the line!!! Now that's livin'!!! Well, I 've got to run......Graham is about to pull out his guitar and the singing is about to begin.........


Serendipity....ahh


God is Good!!


Blessings,


Sarah

1 comment:

SweetAnnee said...

Oh so handsome son.!!
you are blessed with
him and his love of music!!

fondly, deena